Helping You Get The Compensation You Deserve After A Car Wreck
With so many busy roadways and highways in the Dallas metro area and throughout Texas, it is no surprise that car accidents are increasingly common causes of injuries every year. Careless drivers cause wrecks that severely and, sometimes, permanently injure innocent people every day. If you are a victim of a car wreck and do not have an experienced lawyer, the insurance company immediately has an advantage that can permanently harm your case and prevent you from being able to recover money for what you are going through due to no fault of your own.
At Clement + Speer Law Firm, our personal injury attorneys have years of experience helping accident victims recover the compensation they need after a car wreck. We use our years of experience to build a strong case on your behalf. Whether we can help settle your case through pre-trial negotiations or your case requires litigation, you can trust us to fight tirelessly for you.
Even Minor Crashes Can Cause Devastating Injuries
Car accidents can range in severity, from minor fender benders to multiple car pile ups and accidents involving large semi-trucks. Injuries may include broken bones, burns, traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries and internal organ injuries.
Common causes of car accidents include:
- Distracted driving, such as texting while driving
- Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Reckless driving
In Texas, you can file a personal injury claim to recover compensation for economic and noneconomic damages after a car wreck. Economic damages include compensation for medical expenses, rehabilitation costs, lost wages and lost future income. Noneconomic damages include pain and suffering and mental anguish.
What Questions To Ask After A Car Wreck
After a car accident, it is vital that you seek prompt medical attention and document any evidence at the scene. You should also contact an experienced personal injury attorney as soon as possible to get started on your case.
Before you speak with an insurance company, retain experienced counsel and ask important questions such as:
- Should I talk to the other driver’s insurance company?
- How much should I receive for my totaled vehicle?
- Do I have the right to a rental car?
- How can I get repaid for my past and future medical bills?
- Why does my health insurance company keep sending me letters asking me to fill out a questionnaire and what do they mean by subrogation?
- What are my rights if I cannot work for a while or for a lifetime?
- What rights do I have to be paid for my pain and worry?
- What if I am not able to do the physical activities and work I did before the wreck?
- Is my spouse entitled to recover for their loss if I am seriously injured?
- What happens if the other driver is uninsured?
- What is Personal Injury Protection (PIP) that my insurance company keeps talking about and should I apply for it?
- What if the other driver was drunk or received a DWI?
Our car accident attorneys are here to answer your questions and address your concerns. We strive to ensure prompt and direct communication with our clients so you always feel comfortable at every step of your case.
Discuss Your Claim Today
Our lawyers understand that the legal process can be overwhelming, especially while you recover from painful injuries. We will guide you through every step of the legal process and treat you with the compassion you deserve. To schedule a consultation, call us at 888-844-2056 or complete our online contact form.